Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bard of Avon,

First time ever reading your Romeo & Juliet, let alone acting it out. Of course, I always knew the story. At camp, my bunk did a five minute production of it. I was Romeo... The only line I could remember was "Thus with a kiss I die." When I read that line the other day, I was thrilled. I thought this monologue was pretty challenging. There was a lot to it. In this particular scene she is anxious, excited, nervous, impatient, and a couple other things that would be inappropriate to mention. With any luck, I was able to convey at least four of them... I guess I'm worrying about finishing all the monologues by the end of next week. I didn't want to spend too much time on this first one. Overall, I am satisfied. I recorded it 8 times. After I finished the 7th, I told myself that I needed to be down after the next take. Turned out the 8th video was the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment